Tunnel Boring WQ West Connex
ISO9606-1 – Tunnel Boring Welder Qualification
Instructions for the Applicant
- This program is only available to approved employees and contractors of WestConnex who have completed the training program including training on use of the weld procedures applicable to this program. Make a note of those welding procedures you are interested in qualifying to.
- There is no WeldQ application fee applicable to the welder for this program
- Nominate the WPS code details you want to qualify to in the Remarks box when submitting this application. Only nominate one code per application. After submitting the initial application, repeat the application process for each additional WPS. You will need to repeat the application process three (3) times. WeldQ will automatically provide the range of qualification upon your certificate of test once you have successfully passed the weld test.
- Before submitting the completed application form, please make sure that your application is complete in all respects. Applications cannot be processed if you do not clearly identify the WPS code(s) you want to qualify to in the Remarks box.
- You At the completion of training you will complete a hard facing pad weld to document WPS-TB-114ZO. Upon completion of this weld, you will undertake qualification tests to the weld procedure documents. It will be available on request.
All six documents can be viewed under the Resources tab within WeldQ
- The weld procedures have been qualified to AS/NZS 1554.1 category SP. To successfully pass the weld tests, your welds will need to comply with AS/NZS 2980.
|Requirement Code||Requirement Description|
|1||Welders must complete the training program including the hardfacing pad weld prior to undertaking this program.|
|2||You will need to bring proof of identification to your welder qualification test. Suitable documents include your passport, or government issued photo ID with your birth certificate (original or certified copy).|
|3||This program is only available to approved employees or contractors of WestConnex.</td|
|4||This welder qualification remains in effect for two years starting on the day the examiner qualifies you at the Test Centre. If you do not engage in welding with the process qualified for at least 6 months, or a specific reason exists to question your ability your Qualification will be suspended.|
|5||Confirmation of having welded with your chosen welding process within the range of qualification must be obtained every 6 months from the date of initial qualification.|
Must have received training/or industrial practice with the welding process.
Member Fee (Incl. GST) :
Non-Member Fee (Incl. GST) :
Message for confirmation
Do you confirm and have records demonstrating that this person has performed welding within the range of qualification to the qualified procedure/process at least once in the past six months?
A positive confirmation will extend the validity of the qualification for a further six-month period.
I confirm that:
I have read and understood the Rules and guidelines noted in this application.
I am able to safely use the welding processes nominated on the WPS including any associated processes, and will correctly apply the appropriate safe work practices throughout the test program.
The information that I have given is true and correct.
I permit Weld Australia to disclose my exam pass/fail results to my employer or any person/company that I am contracted to or seeking to be employed by or contracted to.
No Reviews found for this course.