AS-NZS 2980 3GN18
WQ 3 Year Limit Steel
AS-NZS 2980 3GN18
AS-NZS 2980 – Welder qualification (3yr limit) Steel
Instructions for the Applicant
- This program is available to any welder seeking qualifications on steel including stainless steel, in plates and pipes, meeting the requirements stipulated.
- Before submitting the completed application form:
- Contact your preferred Test Centre to get a quote on costs associated with your chosen weld test. A list of Test Centres is given on the AWCR website. Whilst Weld Australia will endeavour to allocate your qualification test application to your preferred Test Centre, this cannot be guaranteed.
- Make sure that your application is complete in all respects including profile with experience and qualifications updated and a current passport style photo. Applications cannot be processed if incomplete or if you do not clearly identify the weld procedure (WPS) code(s) you want to qualify to in the Remarks box.
- Nominate the WPS code details you want to qualify to in the Remarks box when submitting this application. Only nominate one code per application. WeldQ will automatically provide the range of qualification upon your certificate of test once you have successfully passed the weld test.
- The fee shown associated with WeldQ is the non-refundable Weld Australia application fee for your Welder Qualification test. An additional application is required for each weld procedure. This fee must be paid in full after you have organised the welding test with the test centre. Where you are entitled to a discount, a discount code will be sent to you prior to completion of the application to be applied at the time of check-out. An additional application is required for each weld procedure. A maximum fee of limit applies for more than 5 applications per program.
- Once the application is received, WeldQ will automatically contact your test centre so arrangements can be made for your weld test. A WeldQ examiner will review your application details and confirm that you have the necessary experience prior to entering your successful test onto the WeldQ system.
- You will need to bring proof of identification to your welder qualification test. Suitable documents include your passport, or government issued photo ID with your birth certificate (original or certified copy).
- Qualifications obtained under this program are valid for up to 3 years provided that they are reconfirmed every 6 months from the date of testing.
Must have received training/or industrial practice with the welding process.
Member Fee (Incl. GST) :
Non-Member Fee (Incl. GST) :
Message for confirmation
Do you confirm and have records demonstrating that this person has performed welding within the range of qualification to the qualified procedure/process at least once in the past six months?
A positive confirmation will extend the validity of the qualification for a further six-month period.
I confirm that:
- I have read and understood the Rules and guidelines noted in this application.
- I am able to safely use the welding processes nominated on the WPS including any associated processes, and will correctly apply the appropriate safe work practices throughout the test program.
- The information that I have given is true and correct.
I permit Weld Australia to disclose my exam pass/fail results to my employer or any person/company that I am contracted to or seeking to be employed by or contracted to.
No Reviews found for this course.