WQ Pressure Equipment (Tube)
ISO9606-1 – Pressure Equipment (Tube) Welder Qualification
Instructions for the Applicant
- Register your interest in becoming a nationally registered and qualified welder on WeldQ by completing the registration details (Qualifications and Education) in your Profile page on WeldQ. The registration process is free.
- This program is available to welders wishing to prequalify for the Pressure Equipment (Power Generation) Welder Qualification program and is specifically configured for Tube welders. You are required to qualify to procedure WPS-PE-141WB-H-001 using the GTAW (Tig) process with FM3 consumables. It can be viewed under the Resources tab within WeldQ.
- WeldQ will automatically provide the range of qualification upon your certificate of test once you have successfully passed the weld test.
- Prior to completing this application, please contact your preferred Test Centre to get a quote on costs associated with your weld test. A list of Test Centres is given on the AWCR website. Whilst the WTIA will endeavour to allocate your qualification test to your preferred Test Centre, this cannot be guaranteed.
- Before submitting the completed application, please make sure that your application is complete in all respects. Applications cannot be processed if you do not clearly identify the WPS code(s) you want to qualify to in the Remarks box.
- The fee shown within WeldQ is the non-refundable WTIA application fee for your Welder Qualification test. Unless you are entitled to a discount, this fee must be paid in full upon application. Where a discount is applicable, a discount code will be sent to be applied at the time of check-out.
- After submitting the initial application further applications may be made for testing to each additional WPS.
- Once the application is received, WeldQ will automatically contact your test centre so arrangements can be made for your weld test. A WeldQ examiner will review your application details and confirm that you have the necessary experience prior to entering your successful test onto the WeldQ system.
- You will need to bring proof of identification to your welder qualification test. Suitable documents include your passport, or government issued photo ID with your birth certificate (original or certified copy).
- This welder qualification remains in effect for two years starting on the day the examiner qualifies you at the Test Centre. If you do not engage in welding with the process qualified for at least 6 months, or a specific reason exists to question your ability your Qualification will be suspended.
- Confirmation of having welded with your chosen welding process within the range of qualification must be obtained every 6 months from the date of initial qualification. WeldQ will email you a reminder for this. The confirmation will be made by your supervisor and is free of charge. Revalidation of the qualification process is required every two years and this will incur a new application fee.
Must have received training/or industrial practice with the welding process.
Member Fee (Incl. GST) :
Non-Member Fee (Incl. GST) :
Message for confirmation
Do you confirm and have records demonstrating that this person has performed welding within the range of qualification to the qualified procedure/process at least once in the past six months?
A positive confirmation will extend the validity of the qualification for a further six-month period.
I confirm that:
- I have read and understood the Rules and guidelines noted in this application.
- I am able to safely use the welding processes nominated on the WPS including any associated processes, and will correctly apply the appropriate safe work practices throughout the test program.
- The information that I have given is true and correct.
I permit Weld Australia to disclose my exam pass/fail results to my employer or any person/company that I am contracted to or seeking to be employed by or contracted to.
No Reviews found for this course.