WELDING – CERTIFICATION THEORY
COURSE/ QUALIFICATION TITLE
Welding – Certification Theory
Advance your welding portfolio and gain the practical skills required to apply for your Welding Certificate – to qualify, you must also complete the theory certification as prescribed by Australian Standards (AS) 1796 – 2001. Certification is mandatory for welders engaged in welding activities involved in the manufacture of pressure equipment such as boilers, pressure vessels and associated piping, as defined in AS / New Zealand Standards 1200.
MEM05026C Apply welding principles Elective
Direct entry trades include:
Persons who have completed the correlating advanced stream:
- MEM05016C Perform advanced welding using manual metal arc welding process
- MEM05018C Perform advanced welding using gas metal arc welding process
- MEM05020C Perform advanced welding using gas tungsten arc welding process
- MEM05048B Perform advanced welding using flux core arc welding process.
There are a number of different welding certificates and the student must enroll into the appropriate unit that aligns to the certificate type that they wish to obtain. The course will be assessed by an authorised assessor on the last day of the course as described by AS1796 – 2001.
On successful completion of this course you receive a Statement of Attainment. The units in this course form part of MEM40105 – Certificate IV in Engineering.
Personal protective equipment:
- safety glasses – students must wear these at all times in the workshop or any eye hazard area as specified by the teacher
- protective footwear – covered uppers, capped toe’s and non-slip shoes to AS2210
- hand protection – long leather welding gloves to AS2161
- hair protection – long hair (i.e. hair below collar length) must be restrained (hat, headband, or hair tie) within the workshop environment
- clothing – overalls or long cotton trousers and a long sleeved cotton drill shirt are required to be worn at all times when undertaking practical training
- Student USI number
Students failing to meet these minimum standards of dress will not be permitted entry to practical classes.
- Workbooks, training material, assessments
- Statement of Attainment for the following unit of competency
Note- Following units training material students need to buy student from NSW Tafe.
MEM05026C Apply welding principles
MEM05010C Apply fabrication, forming and shaping techniques
MEM09002B Interpret technical drawing
Blended in classroom & Work place environment.OR
Course duration : Full-time / Part-time Program
Students need Booking/ Enrolment with USI is essential prior start the course.Please call us for booking
Note- No more than 40 hours including practical. 5-10 Hours Individual study through learner guide, video, practical, work, Books etc.
Assessment- Dates & time will be Finalised by Weld Australia (WTIA).
Please find more information on https://awcr.org.au/welders/
10/60 Gardens Drive
HOW CAN I PAY FOR THE COURSE?
You can pay online through our website OR Do the Direct credit transfer to our account & fill the following form & send us.
Click Here to get the Online Form
HOW CAN I ENROL IN THE COURSE?
You can fill online registration form OR we will send you an information pack about your preferred dates and an application form. All you need to do is complete the application form and return this to us to secure your place in the course of your choice.
No Reviews found for this course.