WELDING – INTERMEDIATE
Welding – Intermediate
Designed for workers currently in working or seeking progressive employment opportunities in the welding industry, this course will enhance your skills in welding and knowledge of materials and building code requirements. You can only enrol into one welding process at a time – you can choose from; Stick, Mig, Tig, or Flux-cored arc welding. Learn to weld in a horizontal, vertical up and the overhead position, whilst adhering to Australia Standards 1554.1, at the general purpose level. Upon successful completion you will be able to continue your studies in the Course in Welding – Advanced. You will receive a Statement of Attainment upon completion of this course. If you wish to undertake the full qualification, you will receive recognition of units completed
Course in Welding Basic
- MEM05049B – perform routine gas tungsten arc welding (TIG – GTAW)
- MEM05050B – perform routine gas metal arc welding (Mig – GMAW)
- MEM05012C – perform routine manual metal arc welding (Stick – MMAW).
On successful completion of this course you receive a Statement of Attainment. The units in this course form part of MEM40105 – Certificate IV in Engineering.
Personal protective equipment:
- safety glasses – students must wear these at all times in the workshop or any eye hazard area as specified by the teacher
- protective footwear – covered uppers, capped toe’s and non-slip shoes to AS2210
- hand protection – long leather welding gloves to AS2161
- hair protection – long hair (i.e. hair below collar length) must be restrained (hat, headband, or hair tie) within the workshop environment
- clothing – overalls or long cotton trousers and a long sleeved cotton drill shirt are required to be worn at all times when undertaking practical training
- Student USI number
Students failing to meet these minimum standards of dress will not be permitted entry to practical classes.
- Workbooks, training material, assessments
- Statement of Attainment for the following unit of competency
Note- Following units training material students need to buy from NSW Tafe.
MEM05026C Apply welding principles
MEM05010C Apply fabrication, forming and shaping techniques
MEM09002B Interpret technical drawing
Blended in classroom & Work place environment
Course duration : Full time/ Part time program
Students can start & complete course in their suitable time. Booking/ Enrolment with USI is essential prior start the course.
Note- No more than 40 hours including practical. 5-10 Hours Individual study through learner guide, video, practical, work, Books etc.
Subject to welding bay availability. Condition apply
Part time: 10 weeks / 1 night for 3.5 hours
Part time: Every day/ night for 10 Days 3.5 hours/ day
Full time: Monday to Friday 7:00am to 3:30pm, Friday Practical
Last Instalment $400
HOW CAN I PAY FOR THE COURSE?
You can pay online through our website OR Do the Direct credit transfer to our account & fill the following form & send us.
Click Here to get the Online Form
HOW CAN I ENROL IN THE COURSE?
You can fill online registration form OR we will send you an information pack about your preferred dates and an application form. All you need to do is complete the application form and return this to us to secure your place in the course of your choice.
No Reviews found for this course.